Boot Camp Overview
Spend two days exploring the For Impact Point of View and Sales Process in The Big Apple! The For Impact Funding Boot Camp is focused on frameworks and skill building. You will leave with the knowledge you need to simplify your message, create a funding rationale, and take your organization to the next level.
This experience is perfect for our organizational alums, or for anyone looking to hone his or her individual skills. It's designed to be a huge personal and professional development opportunity!
This high-energy, two-day session is focused on:
- How to execute against a sales process (for major gifts, campaign gifts, transformational gifts, etc)
- How to build and maximize relationships
- How to build and lead an effective team
- How to ask, close and follow-up
At Boot Camp, we cover The For Impact Point of View, which includes:
- A change in vocab
- The entrepreneurial spirit
- Design-thinking (lots of VISUAL at this camp)
Frameworks and tools to:
- Clarify your vision
- Simplify your message
- Articulate priorities and case for support
- Design captivating engagement tools
- Identify, prioritize and strategize prospects
- Engage leadership (including your board)
The Sales Process - in depth:
- How to make a presentation
- **Watch For Impact team members role play several ask scenarios with an opportunity for follow-up questions and discussion**
- How to have a dialogue and work through objections / tough questions
- How to get to a roadmap on every visit
- How to know what to ask for
- How to train others on your team (using the sales frameworks)
Participants will receive:
- Engagement Tool examples
- Selling tool kit (example letters, scripts, call memos)
- Three months of access to our online video learning platform (value $495)
See our FAQs below for additional information.
- Super Early Bird (ends June 3, 2017) - $915/attendee
- Early Bird Registration (ends July 31, 2017) - $945/attendee
- Full Price Registration - $995/attendee
Discounts are available for alumni organizations and for organizations sending multiple participants. Please contact Kerry Suddes for a discount code to use during registration (firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-554-7525).
What are the start times for Day 1 and Day 2?
Days 1 and 2 start at 8:30 am.
When should I arrive in New York?
Plan to arrive in NYC the night before Boot Camp begins. You will be able to make a return flight anytime after 5:00 pm ET on the second day of training.
Which airport is the closest?
There are 3 main airports that fly into New York - JFK (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA) and Newark, NJ (EWR).
What are my transport options for getting to Boot Camp?
Cabs, subway, Uber or walking! :)
Will there be meals provided?
Your training registration includes a light breakfast and lunch on day one, as well as hot and cold beverages and snacks available throughout the day. Please notify us upon your registration of any food allergies or special dietary needs. We will also serve breakfast, snacks and drinks on day two, ending before lunch.
Where should I stay?
There are several hotel options in and around the training center, located just a few blocks from Times Square and Central Park.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact Kerry Suddes at email@example.com, or 614-554-7525.